Consumer Privacy Needs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- From COPOLCO
- From the consumer perspective we have ended up defining consumer privacy functionality not privacy.
- Data protection legislation and ISO 29100 exclude personal processing ( which is sometimes also referred to as domestic processing ).
- Consumer goods and services are by definition about private personal use.
- privacy protection measures include the security of personal/domestic processing as well as 24x7 real time personal privacy preference control over processing of PII whether for personal/domestic purposes or organisational purposes.
- personal processing privacy in the domestic environment for
- security of consumer products
- personal privacy controls between family and friends,
- and for examples like social media bullying of kids ... protection measures against intrusion.
- In a non oppressive regime, this tend to be a bigger issue often resulting life and death situation.
- the privacy definition below that includes freedom from intrusion as that brings in the need to protect privacy by protecting not just PII but the processing of PII as well.