Consumer Privacy Needs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
- From COPOLCO
- From the consumer perspective we have ended up defining consumer privacy functionality not privacy.
- Data protection legislation and ISO 29100 exclude personal processing ( which is sometimes also referred to as domestic processing ).
- Consumer goods and services are by definition about private personal use.
- privacy protection measures include the security of personal/domestic processing as well as 24x7 real time personal privacy preference control over processing of PII whether for personal/domestic purposes or organisational purposes.
- personal processing privacy in the domestic environment for
- security of consumer products
- personal privacy controls between family and friends,
- and for examples like social media bullying of kids ... protection measures against intrusion.
- In a non oppressive regime, this tend to be a bigger issue often resulting life and death situation.
- the privacy definition below that includes freedom from intrusion as that brings in the need to protect privacy by protecting not just PII but the processing of PII as well.